News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: abdomin pain, back pain sensitive testicles

Tbellah - Mon May 14, 2007 10:29 am

I am 44 and a white male. I'm 6'-2" about 195 lbs. For the past several days, I have been having abdominal pain just above the pubic region that runs left to right. I do not feel constipated and have only had small bowel movements in these past few days. I also have not eaten very much at all, like I have no appitite. The pain has also started in my low back and my testicles are a little sore or sensitive but not like my abdomin. I have not done anything strenuous lately to cause this pain and have not felt this pain before. I have smoked for about 25 years and drink only light beer, on average about 4-6 cans, 4-5 days out of 7. No medications, no past diagnosis my father died of internal Melanoma...liver, kidney failure. Do you have any suggestions on what might be the problem? Thank you for your help !!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 14, 2007 12:15 pm

User avatar There are a few possibilities. You may have an infection in your testes or epididymus. A hernia may cause these symptoms as well. Kidney stones in the lower part of the ureters could also cause similar pain.

If the pain is not getting better in the next day or so I would recommend that you be evaluated.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here