News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Regular morning daihorrea - 4 months!

adio - Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:22 pm

1 - 23
2 - Male
3 - None
4 - Apendix removed (age 14)
5 - None
6 - None

Hi, ive been having morning daihorrea for a while now, maybe 3 or 4 months everyday without fail. Ive stopped drinking coffee and tea in the morning and have basicly cut out milk as i thought it might be a lactose intolerance or something. I now don't eat or drink anything in the morning and still get it. I have to go about 5 or 6 times after i wake up, once i leave for work it usually passes and im fine for the rest of the day. I thought it might be IBS but im not eating anything to trigger it. It is the only time i pass a stool each day.
Im currently living in japan which is why i havnt seen a doctor yet, its a whole different story over here. I would like some advice before i see a doctor about whats going on.
There is no blood, or mucus in the stools from what i can tell, just runny to medium daihorrea, i havnt passed a solid stool in months!
Recently i feel very tired, low energy, a loss in appetite and have a had a very low tolerance to alcohol aswell which is causing me to vomit most times after i go drinking, where i only drink maybe 4 or 5 glasses or beer.
I often have a feeling of 'incomplete evacuation' and a sudden urge to 'go' and then i get to the toilet and its gone

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
 adio - Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:41 pm

I have also had real problems recently with an increase in burping, i belch sooo much after i eat and drink , and sometimes from nothing at all, i can wake up in the morning and burp like theres no tomorrow. don't know if this is a symptom, but it sure is something thats bothering me now.
 Marceline F, RN - Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:31 pm

User avatar Dear adio,
Thank you for your post. How long have you been in Japan? I am curious if there may be a link to your being there, such as a major dietary change, change in water, lifestyle, etc. It sounds like you have developed some form of malabsorption, which if unattended can lead or develop into different even more serious maladies. Carbohydrate intolerance is a known cause of all of the symptoms you mentioned. While enzyme deficiencies can be congenital this seems to be a new situation for you. Acquired deficiencies are more common, whereas secondary deficiency can occur when there has been an intestinal infection.
Diarrhea, chronic fatigue, burping, flatulence, abdominal pain, are all linked to the inability of the body to break down the disaccharides, showing that the entire digestive system is affected from mastication, through the stomach and into the intestines. Did you know that the disaccharide maltase is the base for your beer? Carbohydrate intolerance could account for your post drinking symptoms.
You really need to set up to see a physician somehow. If it is a matter of an underlying intestinal infection, the right antibiotic needs to be prescribed. If the condition is more pervasive, then instruction on diet and lifestyle will help you.I respect that you are in another country, but whether you are there on business or pleasure, it is important to have your symptoms verified and assessed by a medical doctor who can best advise you how to resolve the problem, or at least how to deal with it.
 adio - Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:38 pm

thanks alot for your reply, ive been in japan for about 8 or 9 months now, my diet doesnt seem to be too different to what i was eating before i came. Nothing too exotic or crazy here.
I will be seeing a stomach doctor on tuesday, thanks alot for the information.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here