Question: help: abdominal pain diagnosis

carrie4 - Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:05 am

I've been having reoccuring abdominal pain for the past few weeks. I've been wanting to go to the doctor, but I figured it would clear up. It's pain in my lower abdomen, around my belly button and lower abdomen. It's tender if you touch it, and It's mainly on my left side, and now it kind of radiates to my rectum. What is it? Please help!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:25 am

User avatar Hi Carrie,
It could be a whole list of things. One common possibility for women of your age is pelvic inlfammatory disease. This involves inflammation of the fallopian tubes but other causes have to be excluded. Please visit your doctor as soon as possible.

Regards,

|