News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: pain at rectum due to strecture develoed

leepsa - Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:59 pm

HISTORY
SIR MY SURGERY WAS DONE 7TH OCT 2002 FOR ADENOCARCINOMA AT COLON RECTUM. I GOT 9 DOGES OF CHEMOTHRAPYH AND 28 DOGES OF RADIATION.
AFTER ONE TEAR STRICTURE WAS DEVELOPED IN COLON AT ANASTOMOTIC SIDE. ADVISED BY DOCTOR I GOT 4 TIME DILATATION.

PROBLEMS
1. FREQUENCY OF STOOL, 10/12 TIMES IN A DAY.
2. PAIN WHILE STOOLING BECAUSE NARROWING OF SIGMOID AND RECTAL REGION.
SIR I APPROACHES MANY OF THE DOCTOR BUT THERE IS NO RESULT.
YOU ARE REQUESTED TO ADVISE ME SO THAT I CAN LIVE MY REST OF LIFE PEACEFULLY.

IF ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU NEEDED PLEASE MAIL ME.
“ALL THE DOCTORS ARE PLAYING A ROLE OF THE GOD, BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE ARE SAVING THE HUMAN LIFE”.
ANXIOUSLY WAITING YOUR VALUABLE REPLY.

THANKS & REGD
DR.CHANDRA SHEKHAR SHARMA
(Phd Psychology)
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:30 am

User avatar Dear Dr. Chandra,

Have you talked to a gastro-intestinal surgeon about your condition?

i don't have much experience in these cases, but i think that unless you have a permanent cure may be a surgery, my guess is that you will have to have dilatations and i am not sure if there is a limit to the number of dilatations that can be made.

Before any more dilatations, i would personally recommend that a biopsy be taken to rule out local recurrence unless already done.

The frequency of stools could be related to the fact that the stricture is holding solid stools behind it and the only way to get around the stricture for the stools is to become diarrheal.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here