Question: pain at rectum due to strecture develoed

leepsa - Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:59 pm

HISTORY
SIR MY SURGERY WAS DONE 7TH OCT 2002 FOR ADENOCARCINOMA AT COLON RECTUM. I GOT 9 DOGES OF CHEMOTHRAPYH AND 28 DOGES OF RADIATION.
AFTER ONE TEAR STRICTURE WAS DEVELOPED IN COLON AT ANASTOMOTIC SIDE. ADVISED BY DOCTOR I GOT 4 TIME DILATATION.

PROBLEMS
1. FREQUENCY OF STOOL, 10/12 TIMES IN A DAY.
2. PAIN WHILE STOOLING BECAUSE NARROWING OF SIGMOID AND RECTAL REGION.
SIR I APPROACHES MANY OF THE DOCTOR BUT THERE IS NO RESULT.
YOU ARE REQUESTED TO ADVISE ME SO THAT I CAN LIVE MY REST OF LIFE PEACEFULLY.

IF ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU NEEDED PLEASE MAIL ME.
“ALL THE DOCTORS ARE PLAYING A ROLE OF THE GOD, BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE ARE SAVING THE HUMAN LIFE”.
ANXIOUSLY WAITING YOUR VALUABLE REPLY.

THANKS & REGD
DR.CHANDRA SHEKHAR SHARMA
(Phd Psychology)
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:30 am

User avatar Dear Dr. Chandra,

Have you talked to a gastro-intestinal surgeon about your condition?

i don't have much experience in these cases, but i think that unless you have a permanent cure may be a surgery, my guess is that you will have to have dilatations and i am not sure if there is a limit to the number of dilatations that can be made.

Before any more dilatations, i would personally recommend that a biopsy be taken to rule out local recurrence unless already done.

The frequency of stools could be related to the fact that the stricture is holding solid stools behind it and the only way to get around the stricture for the stools is to become diarrheal.

|