Question: anal fissure treatment - nifedipine ointment 0.2%

lorne604 - Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:32 am

My doctor advised me to use this nifedipine ointment 0.2% for as long as I have any left, which could be like 6 months to one year.

my question is, is taken this medication for that long safe ?

I am asking because the specialist I saw before who gave me the medication said to use it for 6 weeks then stop using it. It felt better, but it the fissure came back a couple months later.

Now my GP told me to use this medication long term for my second course of nifedipine.

thanks for the input
 lorne604 - Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:50 am

30
M
None
None
None
Nifedipine ointment 0.2

I have a touch of hypochrondria I believe and I also have a bit of OCD.

I got sick with some virus in 2005, It made me have severe diarrhea for about 9 days straight. I developed a painful anal fissure from this that I have been fighting since. It has gotten better but it is a slow process.

I have become quite obsessed with my bowel movements to the point where I am constantly thinking about them. Everytime I get diarrhea now I get nervous that it will be the same as in 2005. I also worry that I might get chronic diarrhea for the rest of my life, so much so that it will affect my quality of life.

Not too mention that I get a bout of diarrhea monthly and it makes my anal fissure that worse.

has there been people that get chronic diarrhea that ruin their lives ? can the cause of diarrhea be found normally ?

Diarrhea freaks me out, can someone please ease my mind.

|