News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Chronic Stomach Pain

missconduct88 - Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:02 am

I'm a 19 year old female, and i live a fairly healthy life. Since i was about 13 or 14 every couple of months for weeks at a time i get a very upset stomach, where i really cant eat anything. Its been acting up again lately, after eating anything I'm almost instantly sick to my stomach. Sometimes i think I'm going to throw up and its just a really loud and bad burp then my stomach cramps up, it very painful and stressful. I stop eating and i get weak and even more sick. Ive gone to the doctors they said my stomach as very "bubbly" but i don't drink pop or anything carbonated because they usually make me sick. They suggest acid reflux disease but its been so awful and I'm getting so weak, i really don't know what to do, even following a strict diet i still seem to get sick. Any suggestions as to whats wrong with me?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Dear missconduct88,

I am very sorry to hear about your condition, it must be very difficult.

I think you should ask your doctor to do an upper endoscopy for you and a helico bacter pylori test.

If anti-reflux measures haven't been helpful already, provided that you have used them properly and on a regular basis for at least 10-14 days? , then we should search for other causes of gastritis or even ulcers.

Please contact your doctor and discuss with him these options, also stoll analysis will be helpful.

Good luck and best regards,
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:51 pm

Dear missconduct88,

I am very sorry to hear about your condition, it must be very difficult.

I think you should ask your doctor to do an upper endoscopy for you and a helico bacter pylori test.

If anti-reflux measures haven't been helpful already, provided that you have used them properly and on a regular basis for at least 10-14 days? , then we should search for other causes of gastritis or including ulcers.

Please contact your doctor and discuss with him these options, also stoll analysis will be helpful.

Good luck and best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here