News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: abdominal pains

saintric_21 - Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:19 am

I suffer from really bad pains all over my body but I will mention my stomach/upper abdomen and chest area here.This pain is so severe at times..

I get pains in my stomach and upper abdomen that spread into my pecktorials and under my armpit.also i break wind most of the time when i feel this sensation yet it doesnt relieve the pain.I have had my urine tested it came back 'ok' except there was a trace of protein but the doctor said its fine.

I had 2 blood tests, the first said my creatinin was 115 so i had another test and it was down to 99 so they said everythings fine.I have been suffering from an anal fissure which i have not taken any medication for as of yet because what they gave me was a cream that gave me headaches so i stopped taking it.I just need to understand why i get these pains and sometimes bad spasms in my torso area. my bowel movements are normal somtimes constipated sometimes normal or diarreha.Can any one please help me stop this pain and give me some advice becuase its really affecting my life and work due to me suffering this pain.just to mention i suffer from pains in my head ,upper neck, hands, feet, and legs and muscle spasms all over. here is a picture of the pain i suffer in my stomach/abdomen area

[URL=http://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bodypainsge5.png][IMG]http://im

Im 25 years old i weigh 13 stones im 5 ft 7inches tall non smoker and non drinker
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:21 pm

User avatar As you know, there are many organs in the abdominal cavity, so it can be difficult to diagnose the problem. A common complaint is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Other possible causes would be bowel blockages or kinks, gall bladder problems, appendicitis, kidney problems, ulcer, liver problems, urinary tract/bladder infections, acid reflux, etc.

It would not hurt to increase your fiber - perhaps with a bulking agent such as Benefiber, Citracel, Metamucil. If you could get your bowels functioning regularly and avoid the constipation, that would be an easy way to rule that out as a cause of the discomfort. Most people do not get enough fiber in their diet, so increasing foods such as whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and nuts can be good for almost anyone.

Aside from this preventive measure, you would be wise to see an internal medicine doctor, GP, or gastroenterologist for an evaluation.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here