Question: mucus in bowel movement and nausea

angie3988 - Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:28 pm

I am a 22 year old female taking no medications, no past surgeries, family history of diabetes. About 3 weeks ago I started having nausea, and stomach pain. The nausea started to get worse and worse everyday and has not left. The stomach pain has left. I feel like I can't eat, when I do I feel even more nautious, passing a bowel movement seems to help the nausea.There is also excessive mucus in my bowel movement, coating it, it is white and yellow, there are little bits of the white on it, then at the end there is just a whole bunch of yellow mucus that comes out. The nausea is effecting me everyday, and keeps getting worse I am very scarred, please help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:42 pm

User avatar You may be experiencing symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease or Ulcerative colitis). It is also possible that you have an infection of your intestines (such as with a bacteria or parasite). Celiac disease is another possibility. Acquired pancreatic insufficiency is rare but also possible.

I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation and some testing. You may need some blood and stool studies to help determine what may be going on. If your primary care doctor is unable to find the cause you should see a GI specialist.

angie3988 - Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:00 am

Thank you for responding, and listening, and telling me what you really thought.

|