Question: problems after gullbladder removal

bigwill78 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Im 28 years old ,health(bodybuilder)male,I got my gullbladder removed 18 months ago and since Ive had lots of problems-lots of diarrhea,burning pain at surgery site,mucus in stool,cramping,heartburn,loss of appitite,bloating,gas. whats the deal?my doctor (gastro doc)whats to do a colonoscopy on me and thats scares me can you please help and ease my mind?should I be worried of something serious is wrong with me?
Respectfully
bigwill78
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 pm

User avatar A colonoscopy sounds scary but really is not too bad. There is a prep involved to clean out the bowel so you spend a bit of time the eve of the test in the bathroom. But the test is done with medications that make you at least mostly asleep and you won't remember a thing about what happened. They use a small tube with camera lens to visualize the bowel so they are able to see if there is anything abnormal going on.

Of course you worry when you don't know what they might find, but whatever it is, early is almost always better than later for treatment.

Your doctor is wise to try to determine the exact cause of this distress as it would not be a typical result of gall bladder removal.

Good luck with the testing.

|