News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: embarissing question

nascarwife - Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:25 pm

I have an emabarrising question. Last night my DH and I had anal sex. There was pressure, but no pain with it. Then this morning I woke up with a terrible low back ach. Bad enough I had a hard time sitting. i went to my DR for back pain - but was too emabrrased to tell him. He manipulated my back and it then felt better. However, the back ache has now come back just as bad. Could my husband have hurt something? I have had three bowel movements today - so no problem there, there is no pain in the anal area, and no blood when I use the bathroom. Just a terrible backache (and now a headache - which I think is from worrying).
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:27 pm

User avatar The back pain could be caused by this as it has been reported before, along with other pains also associated with this type of activity. I doubt it is permanent and time will likely allow healing. I would avoid this in the future since you have had an adverse response.

Having treatments for the low back pain won't help and may give relief, so continue to follow up in this way. You may even try ice alternating with heat packs for relief and of course pain relievers such as ibuprofen. Your doctor may even prescribe physical therapy if it doesn't resolve soon.

Good luck with this. While it is embarrassing, your doctor will be OK dealing with it and has likely treated others as well. So, try to be honest in order to get your best care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here