News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Extended Period Of Green Stool

GdubV - Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:15 am

I hope I'm in the right section for this. I'm a 20 year old guy, who as far as I know am in good physical condition besides pneumonia one year ago. For over a week now my stool has been dark green, I learned that it can be just from going quickly through your digestive system, but for over a week?

I've also found myself feeling extremely hot and sweaty for the past week to two weeks and low on energy for even longer.

Is this something I should be getting checked out?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:54 pm

User avatar Green stool by itself can be quite normal. You are correct that it usually means food is moving quickly through the digestive tract and doesn't have time to get the bile that turns it brown. If you eat lots of gree vegetables or green-dyed foods, this could influence as well.

The other symptoms are more concerning as they may not be normal and you should see a health care provider to determine what is going on.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here