Question: unsure of red

kimmybear2 - Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:01 am

I have noticed red in my stool. i am not sure if it is blood. it does not change the color of the water and there is nothing red on the toilet paper. there are some traces of light red in my stool. other than that i have no smptoms of anything. i have a healthy history too. is it possible it is just some food that has caused some traces of red?

thank you
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:34 pm

User avatar Dear Kimmybear2,

Some foods will sometime cause red discoloration of the stools.

If you still have the red discoloration within a few more days, i think it is advisable that you see your doctor to have a physical examination and test for blood in the stools to make sure that there isn't any.

|