Question: Stomach and eating

Mutant1981 - Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:00 pm

25/M. I am a big eater and i'm sure I get more than 2000 calories per day! I am 5'10" and 170lbs, farely fit and not much fat. When I get full and wake up the next day and haven't used the restroom, I can go until around noon then I start feeling sick sometimes and the only thing I can do then is eat, and I feel better. I only eat breakfast on weekends since I work during the week. I may not be hungry in mind and not craving anything but feel sick when my stomach needs food. All this simply because of the routine habit each day I have for eating, and/or metabolism issues?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:58 pm

User avatar This sounds like your basic needs for calories to sustain life and your activity. Your caloric requirements would be well over 2000 daily so don't worry about this.

The most important thing is to be sure you are getting good nutrition with a variety of foods, including whole grains, fruits and vegetables. If the calories you eat are of good food value, you really don't need to worry and listening to your body tell you to eat is wise because you should eat when hungry; not because of a schedule.

|