News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Left lower stomach ache (bad pizza or worse?)

John338 - Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:56 am

Male
Diabetic
Hernia Surgery (as a kid)
Heart Disease, Diabetes runs in family
No meds

Please put my mind to ease here :-)

A couple of nights ago, I enjoyed some adult beverages to celebrate my moving across the country as a way of saying goodbye to some old friends. We had pizza, and that night, I got a really bas stomach ache (lower abdomen, left side). I had diarrhea, but nothing would come out unless I put pressure on my stomach with my hand. I figured it was my body reacting to the pizza.

Here we are, four nights later, and I still have the same stomach ache, only now, I feel constipated (constantly going to the bathroom but no way of making the pain the the stomach go away). The pain extends from my waistline on my left side, across my stomach, and down into my testicles.

I have researched and found everything from Urinary tract infection (drink cranberry juice) to Kidney Failure (EVERYBODY PANIC!).

I leave for my new life in five days, and I need this to go away. Please help :-)

John
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:07 pm

User avatar Hi John338,

There are a few possible things that should be evaluated. Kidney stones sound the most likely.

Gastritis or an intestinal infection is possible as well.

If your pain is persisting I would recommend you be evaluated for kidney stones in particular.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here