News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Lapro Surgery

wallbreaker - Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:00 am

I just had Lapro surgery to remove my gallbladder today...I was just wondering if it was normal to have peeing issues after the surgery? I can only pee this little amount (seems like a set amount) at a time...and with much mental and relaxation. It takes me like 5 mins to empty my bladder completely...or as much as I can. What would cause this?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:47 am

User avatar This is probably just part of the recovery process after anesthesia, etc. I would give it time and not stress unless you are unable to urinate at all.

Try some of the old techniques such as warm water rinse, even voiding in the shower when you are able to do that.

Another effect you could have will be "gas" pain that may radiate to your shoulder. It can be quite painful and the only way to get rid of it is to walk it off so take laps as soon as you can - don't have to go fast; just frequent leisurely strolls. It will also help you get your strength back. When you get a visitor, suggest you walk as you talk. It will help so much in your recovery.

Good luck.
 wallbreaker - Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:17 am

Thank you. I will do just that. On a side note, this morning was a little easier to pee :)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here