Question: Flu Syptoms and Blood in stool?

ministry666 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:06 pm

I'm a 22 year old male, with no prior diseases ever diagnosed. The only person in my family to have cancer was my maternal grandfather who had bowel cancer at around 70(? I think)

From time to time I've seen perhaps a tiny tiny bit of red in my stool but more like a particle or undigested something not liquid...I also have a seemingly unrelated rash that comes and goes on my eyelids and responds to cortisone so I think it's allergies.

About four days ago I drank heavily and smoked a bunch of cigarettes and hookah (which I do on occasion) . I had some cheap whiskey with diet soda, some vodka and cranbury and the typical dirt cheap beer. Had diarrhea the next morning but no blood, otherwise I'd been taking it pretty easy on the alcohol.

So later the next day I had a bowel movement with blood in the water, looked "pure" red and dripping and came off on the toilet paper and covered the first wipe completely but then stopped as like a dried cut already? Had flu symptoms worsen into the next day but no blood in that days movement, today I have the much better symptoms but had a movement this morning with the same blood that stops after a wipe or two, more than "a few drops" though...no pain, a very subtle weird feeling in the last bit of plumbing though, like I didn't wipe good enough. Pretty nasty to tell, but I'm concerned it could be something?

(My diet hasn't been the best lately, relying on the summer cafeteria at school)
 dlugose - Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:37 pm

ministry666 wrote:I'm a 22 year old male, with no prior diseases ...From time to time I've seen perhaps a tiny tiny bit of red in my stool but more like a particle or undigested something not liquid...

You already know you should take better care of your health so I won't say much about that. Alcohol can be a serious problem at any age, and some problems do not stop when you stop dringking.
You should see a doctor. One of the least things that could be wrong are internal or external hemorrhoids. Pharmacies sell what you need to test to see if something is blood or has blood in it, but it can also be tested at the doctor's office while you wait. Feel your anus for lumps, but not having any does not rule out them being inside you anus.
 ministry666 - Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:47 pm

I think it's either a fissure or roid. I was probably still drunk when I went the first time so I didn't notice the straining, but thats definitely what it is I can actually pinpoint the "cut" area. I went today and had no blood in my stool but after wiping noticed less blood but still there and a bit of burning, so I'm going to get as much fiber as possible, since that type of drinking is pretty rare for me I think the real problem is the horrendous diet at school consisting of dry undercooked chicken and fries for vegetables...cause thats all they got!

|