News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Flu Syptoms and Blood in stool?

ministry666 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:06 pm

I'm a 22 year old male, with no prior diseases ever diagnosed. The only person in my family to have cancer was my maternal grandfather who had bowel cancer at around 70(? I think)

From time to time I've seen perhaps a tiny tiny bit of red in my stool but more like a particle or undigested something not liquid...I also have a seemingly unrelated rash that comes and goes on my eyelids and responds to cortisone so I think it's allergies.

About four days ago I drank heavily and smoked a bunch of cigarettes and hookah (which I do on occasion) . I had some cheap whiskey with diet soda, some vodka and cranbury and the typical dirt cheap beer. Had diarrhea the next morning but no blood, otherwise I'd been taking it pretty easy on the alcohol.

So later the next day I had a bowel movement with blood in the water, looked "pure" red and dripping and came off on the toilet paper and covered the first wipe completely but then stopped as like a dried cut already? Had flu symptoms worsen into the next day but no blood in that days movement, today I have the much better symptoms but had a movement this morning with the same blood that stops after a wipe or two, more than "a few drops" though...no pain, a very subtle weird feeling in the last bit of plumbing though, like I didn't wipe good enough. Pretty nasty to tell, but I'm concerned it could be something?

(My diet hasn't been the best lately, relying on the summer cafeteria at school)
 dlugose - Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:37 pm

ministry666 wrote:I'm a 22 year old male, with no prior diseases ...From time to time I've seen perhaps a tiny tiny bit of red in my stool but more like a particle or undigested something not liquid...

So later the next day I had a bowel movement with blood in the water, looked "pure" red and dripping and came off on the toilet paper and covered the first wipe completely but then stopped as like a dried cut already? Had flu symptoms worsen into the next day but no blood in that days movement, today I have the much better symptoms but had a movement this morning with the same blood that stops after a wipe or two, more than "a few drops" though...no pain, a very subtle weird feeling in the last bit of plumbing though, like I didn't wipe good enough. Pretty nasty to tell, but I'm concerned it could be something?

You already know you should take better care of your health so I won't say much about that. Alcohol can be a serious problem at any age, and some problems do not stop when you stop dringking.
You should see a doctor. One of the least things that could be wrong are internal or external hemorrhoids. Pharmacies sell what you need to test to see if something is blood or has blood in it, but it can also be tested at the doctor's office while you wait. Feel your anus for lumps, but not having any does not rule out them being inside you anus.
 ministry666 - Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:47 pm

I think it's either a fissure or roid. I was probably still drunk when I went the first time so I didn't notice the straining, but thats definitely what it is I can actually pinpoint the "cut" area. I went today and had no blood in my stool but after wiping noticed less blood but still there and a bit of burning, so I'm going to get as much fiber as possible, since that type of drinking is pretty rare for me I think the real problem is the horrendous diet at school consisting of dry undercooked chicken and fries for vegetables...cause thats all they got!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here