News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: Regarding the blood test

roberto007 - Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:58 am

Hello

My ame is Roberto and I'm involved in thepainting industry. Unfortunately we were never provided with any kind of protection mask. I've been at that place for a year.

I did blood test couple of days ago but my doctro doesn't know what all this numbers means so I'm asking you hoping that you might know what is actually going on with my blood

Blood Chronimum 41 nmoI/L (0-40)
P-Nickel 0.11 umoI/L (0.05-0.12)
Haemoglobin 169 g/L (130-175)
PCV 0.52 (0.40-0.54)
Sodium 142 (135-145)
LDH 232 (105-230)
ALT 76 (1-45)
ALP 111 (30-120)

Thank you very much for your help

Regards
Roby
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:47 am

User avatar The only thing that looks significant in your tests is your ALT which is approaching double the normal value. This may indicate a liver problem. Before we jump to conclusions regarding paint and liver toxicity, I would suggest that you get a full liver profile test done and possibly an ultrasound to the liver and hepatitis markers. Paint thinners are known to be hepatotoxic (toxic to the liver).

Your chromium levels are marginally above normal so you may want to check that out again later.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here