Question: BLOOD IN MY FECES 6 WEEKS AFTER I GIVE BIRTH

FUNCHAL - Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:54 am

I,M 22,FEMALE I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS BEFORE IN MY HEALTH AND I,M BREAST FEEDING MY BABY.THIS IS MY SECOND BABY IN MY FIRST ONE I DIDIN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS AFTER I GIVE BIRTH BECAUSE THE MIDWIFE DID THE CUT FOR MY BABY CAME OUT BUT ON THIS ONE WAS HIM WHO AS CUTED SO I HAD A LOT OF STITCHS AND AS BEEN VERY DIFFICULT TO ME TO PASS MY FECES AND SINCE YESTERDAY MY FECES ARE CAMING WITH BLOOD(VERY RED LIKE A CUT)THE BLOOD IS AROUND OF MY FECES NOT MIXED I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME BEACUSE I,M START GETING WORRED!! THANK YOU
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:48 pm

User avatar Hi Funchal,

I would recommend you follow up with your obstetrician. It may be that your tear for the birth has come open some and is bleeding. It may also be that you have a small tear (called an anal fissure) in the rectum causing the bleeding.

If the tear is large enough it may need some sutures to repair it. If it is small, stool softeners may be sufficient to allow the tear to heal.

|