Question: Acid Reflux

hippiewitch - Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:25 pm

I'm Michelle,27. I've posted here before. I believe I have acid reflux and my current doctor stated that my symptoms sound like reflux. I get a tight feeling in my chest and throat sometimes,as well as what I call a breathy type feeling in my throat. I can have a little neck pain too though it's kind of rare. Due to the tight feeling in my chest,they gave me an ekg at my doctors and it turned out ok. I would imagine I wouldn't have heart problems anyway. Anyway,I just wanted to ask if acid reflux can be triggered by walking? Because I sometimes get that tight feeling after walking. Also,could it sort of just act up on its own? That is,even if you think you haven't eaten something that should have triggered it? Thanks.

Michelle
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:26 pm

User avatar Hi Hippiewitch,

Exercise can increase reflux. More severe reflux can cause episodes of pain spontaneously.

It sounds as if you would benefit from using a preventative medication for reflux.

I would recommend that you see your doctor for an evaluation.

hippiewitch - Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:39 pm

I have Prilosec but I haven't been taking it because I am going to start taking Xanax once in awhile,and I've read that you shouldn't take prilosec if you're taking xanax. The reflux isn't that bad for me,though a few times it got kind of bad. I mainly get the tight feeling in my chest and throat,and sometimes the breathy type feeling in my throat. Do these sound like reflux symptoms to you? My doctor gave me samples of a medication for reflux but it didn't help me. Thank you.

Michelle

|