Question: Vomiting following smoking (after eating).

chainsmoker - Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:58 pm

For some reason now, and this has been for awhile, after I eat, and then smoke a cigarette, I vomit, its not always, but its often enough, the only time I don't is if I fight the gag reflex. More strange, is that the gag reflex is there for up to a couple of hours after eating. Its often enough, that its concerning. I've also started vomiting in the morning after having my first cigarette.<P>

I'm 6 feet (male), 30 years old, and 170 pounds, and not looking to lose any weight, I can't understand whre this gag reaction came from. I don't always vomit when I smoke, its only after I eat and then smoke does the gag kick in. The only surgury I had was last year and that was for a hernia, but I doubt that is related to this.
<P>
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:26 pm

User avatar Perhaps your body is trying to tell you something. Of course you can't quit eating but if you quit smoking you can have some life-long benefits. Seems like it would be worth it.

Aside from this obvious solution, you may want to see an ear/nose/throat doctor to see if there is some kind of obstruction.

Good luck

|