News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Does this Exist - Discinall Disease (sp)

herbalangel - Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:37 pm

Fiance is 30 year old male, has been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis since 98, no past surgeries, he is currently on Prednisone (supposed to be on Asacol, but has not helped and makes no difference wether he takes it or not).

I took him to the ER today for a flare up and they called a GI and said he needs to be tested for a disease called Discenal Disease supposedly in the small intestine... I have searched the internet for hours and have found nothing in any medical texts..

I want to know if this exists or what it is.... can someone please help us... He has no medical insurance, so his GI won't see him, we don't really know what else to do.

Thank you for you time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:07 pm

User avatar Hi Herbalangel,

I have not heard of such a disease; however, it may be that what you were told is not actually what the physician recommended testing for (a mispronunciation of some sort).

Unfortunately I cannot think of what they may have been recommending he be tested for. Perhaps Crohn's disease or Celiac disease.

Sorry I can't be of more help. My best advise is for your fiance to follow up with his regular doctor about this. If he does not have one there are generally clinics available that can see patients on a free or reduced fee basis based on income when there is no insurance. Your local health department can help find these clinics if needed.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here