News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Feeling sick after bad heartburn attack

magenta - Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi there, I'm a 21 year old female. Fairly normal eating habits, don't smoke, don't drink.

2 days ago I had really bad heartburn all day that day, which was strange as i rarely ever get it. It eased off late that evening, but i woke up the next morning (yesterday) with my stomach feeling very tight, feeling kind of burning inside and feeling like i wanted to be sick. Still feel this way today, wonder if its still part of heartburn? or just some kind of after symptom from the excess acid? I have not actually vomited though even though i feel sick.

Never really had heartburn before til the other day so i don't know if this is the same thing or something else.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:00 pm

User avatar It would be difficult to say why this has happened. Typically heartburn doesn't exhibit long-term effects such as this but acid reflux can damage the esophagus so it's best to get it checked out and treated appropriately. You could see an internal medicine doctor or gastroenterologist about this.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here