Question: Feeling sick in the mornings

Ropers33 - Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:13 am

When I was about 7 I used to get stomach aches all of the time. The doctors didn't know what it was but eventually gave me medicine for IBS and it went away almost completely. Every time I had the aches I took the medicine and after a while I stopped getting them.

However, when I reached about 11 I started getting them again. They got worse at about 14 and now that I am 18 they are still pretty bad.

I have seen several doctors and they have had different ideas like food intolerances and IBS. The general diagnosis seems to be IBS after I describe my symptoms- diarrhoea basically every day, feeling the need to go to the toilet even when I don't need to, stomach cramps...

Recently I started college. I end up feeling sick every morning- even at weekends. I wake up automatically at between 5 and 6 because I feel sick and cannot get back to bed. I get diarrhoea, nausea, headaches and this morning I was almost sick.
I then manage to eat just half a slice of toast every morning- have a 45 minute walk and then sit through the first part of my morning at college. By lunch time I'm really hungry. I'll eat a bit and then feel fine for the rest of the day. However, I do seem to have less of an appetite at the moment. Not eating as much as I usually do.

I had this same problem when I did voluntary work a few years ago. Except that it got better within a few days and I never felt like it at the weekend.

I know I'm not pregnant. Unless I'm the new virgin Mary. So the feeling sick is not morning sickness.

I was assuming it was probably nerves that make me feel this way but I was wondering if there is anything I could do about it? These days I just seem to end up accounting everything to nerves or IBS just because that's what the doctors say.

Thanks.
 Ropers33 - Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:29 am

It seems to have gotten worse now. It's been going on for about two and a half weeks. Twice in the morning now I have actually been sick.

I get diarrhea every day without fail and have to go every morning when I wake up.

|