Question: Feeling Sick every morning.

Sh4d0ws - Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:21 am

I'm sorry if this is the incorrect area to post this, or if it dose not make any sense... I'll do my best to completely explain what is going on because this issue has had a very negative influence to my life and i need some resolution.

Age: 16
Sex: Male
Past Diagnoses: None
Past Surgeries: Nothing Note Worthy
Family History: None that i know of.
Current Medications: I was taking acne medication up until about 4 days ago but my parents believed that to be the cause so i stopped.

What happens is every morning when i wake up, after i am up and about (walking around, eating) I feel a little nauseated. Not enough to throw up or anything, but enough to feel sick. After I arrive at school it only gets worse and after so long I get to a point were i have to stay near the bathroom because i am on the edge of throwing up. Mind you, I have yet to recently because i wanted to hold it down. Anyway, at which point i usually call home and go home because i cannot attend my classes. After about an hour of being home i almost always feel completely better. There is very few times when i have felt extremely nauseated at home. This happens every day that i go to school. I personally think that it happens more so when i am worried, or stressed.

Any advice, or if you need to know more please let me know.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:29 pm

User avatar I hope you will get a physical exam and tell the doctor exactly what is happening and how often. Tell him/her about any triggers. I would recommend keeping a diary to record the activities and episodes - what you have eaten or not eaten, medications taken, etc. It is possible it is related to anxiety or an aversion to school so if you do not get answers from a physical perspective, you might talk to a therapist or mental health specialist who might be able to help you pinpoint the problem. This is not to say it is not real but sometimes physical symptoms are the evidence of mental distress.

Good luck

Good luck

|