News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Constant Burping

sharebear - Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Hello,

I am a 19 year old student. I am a female. In the past i have had lower right hand back pains. They felt like burning sensations. I went to the emergancy room and had numerous tests done such as a cat scan, and ultra sounds. The doctors confirmed that there was nothing wrong with me. They said that my liver, gull baladder, kindeys, and all my organs were fine. They also said they didnt know what was causing this pain. I was told to take a 14 day treatment for heart burn called zantax i believe or one of the over the counter medications. I felt better after. This took place on May 25, 2007. Now its september, and for the past couple of weeks i have CONSTANT burping. I burp all the time. I do not drink sodas, so I do not know whats causing this. Any help and insight on the situation would be greatly appricated. Thank you! [/b]
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:58 pm

User avatar Hi Sharebear,

Frequent belching can be due to reflux. I would suggest you talk with your doctor about restarting the reflux medication to see if this helps.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here