Question: GERD

cliffdimerandy - Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:05 pm

i have bad GERD. my stomach is killing me. the pain is so unbearable. i don't wan't to eat. but by not eating is it making it worse?i'm so soar to the point, i don't want to eat. can anyone help me, im so fed up? is there anything i can do in my life to make this go away. ive had esophogtitis in the past, my stomach stays open when i eat, after food passes through it doesnt close, i have a hiatel hernia and a schizti ring aswell..... i try stay away from acidic foods and drink alot of water, ive been dealing with this for 10 years. its driving me crazy, im 24 yrs old. can anyone help?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:18 pm

User avatar Hi Cliffdimerandy,

I would recommend that you see your doctor about this. There are some very good medications to help severe reflux.

You may also want to consider being tested for a bacteria called H. Pylori that can cause stomach inflammation and ulcers. If it is present it can be treated with a regimen of antibiotics and acid blockers.

Generally, even severe reflux can be brought under control and significant relief can be obtained.