News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: GERD

cliffdimerandy - Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:05 pm

i have bad GERD. my stomach is killing me. the pain is so unbearable. i don't wan't to eat. but by not eating is it making it worse?i'm so soar to the point, i don't want to eat. can anyone help me, im so fed up? is there anything i can do in my life to make this go away. ive had esophogtitis in the past, my stomach stays open when i eat, after food passes through it doesnt close, i have a hiatel hernia and a schizti ring aswell..... i try stay away from acidic foods and drink alot of water, ive been dealing with this for 10 years. its driving me crazy, im 24 yrs old. can anyone help?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:18 pm

User avatar Hi Cliffdimerandy,

I would recommend that you see your doctor about this. There are some very good medications to help severe reflux.

You may also want to consider being tested for a bacteria called H. Pylori that can cause stomach inflammation and ulcers. If it is present it can be treated with a regimen of antibiotics and acid blockers.

Generally, even severe reflux can be brought under control and significant relief can be obtained.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here