News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Vomiting blood, Stomach Ache-Burning, Nausea

Dissonance - Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:16 am

Hello,
My wife is 26 years old. She has had no surgeries etc... We do have 2 children. She's always been pretty healthy. At any rate, over the past 2 weeks her stomach has had a constant burning sensation and she has been nauseous. She feels much better after eating. A few hours after eating, all the symptoms return. She has only vomited twice, but this 2nd time, tonight, she vomited up what looked liked blood. Not much, but any makes me concerned. She was also complaining of a dull ache in her stomach above her belly button but below her sternum. That developed tonight after she threw up. She has also felt fatigued, burping alot and bloated. Any ideas?
We don't have a whole lot of money or I would just go straight to the doctor /sigh
Thanks,
Joshua
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:50 pm

User avatar Hi Joshua,

Your wife's symptoms are suspicious for gastritis or ulcers. She may want to try an over-the-counter antacid to see if these help. If they do not I would recommend she be evaluated by a doctor.

The blood may be from some bleeding due to gastritis/ulcers or may be due to a small tear that occurs with emesis. These tears heal quickly. As long as the bloody emesis does not continue it is likely not a problem.

There are often clinics in town that can see people on a free or reduced fee basis if needed. Your local health department can help point you to these.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here