Question: Burning Mouth, Abdomen, Rightside discomfort

SeeBream - Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:18 pm

I am a 49 y/o Woman, 145- weight. I am going through my 7th year of period free Menopause. I have NO negative Menopause Symptoms. I am on no medication.
In July 2003 I started feeling an odd feeling on my right side of my Belly Button. No other symptoms other than occasional Bloating. I had an Ultra Sound. Every thing was normal. However, they did spot a Cyst on my Liver of which they considered as nothing. Time went on with the odd feeling is on going; a dull ache yet at times very bothersome and lasts a few weeks to month etc.

In January 2004 I had a CAT Scan. They spotted a 4mm Kidney Stone buried deep within my Kidney. I drank tons of water. Then I saw an Urologist who gave me the choice of removing it or not. I do not experience one single symptom of Kidney Stones. I have chosen not to remove it. 3 ½ years later the stone remains buried and no growth.

I maybe should add that in February 2003 I bruised my Tailbone severely. It took about 3 years for that Pain to go away. It was extreme in the beginning. Now I rarely notice except when getting off the Bike after a long ride.

In this time since 2003, I have been to the Doctor for yearly check ups and Female Check ups. I always have Blood drawn and the tests come back as Excellent. Yet, every few months or so I get a weird feeling on my right side. It feels like something is there and then it burns down towards my crouch. No Burning when I use the restroom. No Diarrhea, No Vomiting, No Fever, No Constipation, No Fatigue. No Headaches, No Dizziness, I eat well Balanced Meals, No Heartburn, No Gas, No Cramping, I appear to be in Great Health, except for the fact that there is clearly something wrong but my Doctor cannot seem to figure it. It is frustrating!

Also in the past 2 months, (and not sure if this is related) My mouth has been burning periodically and when it does my Abdomen burns starting on the right side and across. I also have been waking with my Voice Hoarse and it improves as the day goes on. I do not smoke. I do have a Glass of Wine or two most nights. I am not kept up by the discomfort. It is life as usual. I am active (Bowling, Bike Riding, Water Aerobics and other activities and yet also spent a lot of time at the computer which will cause my ankles to swell if I sit too much).

At times I have thought to keep record of what I do and what I eat to see if there is a pattern, but when I am feeling Discomfort Free, I forget.

Can you give me a direction to begin to explore on?

SeeBream - Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:02 am

The later part on this about the Burning Mouth is a whole nother Issue, dealing with Dental things.

I supose I should add that I am on no Medication. My Dad has heart problems, his dad was diabetas/acoholic. My Mom has Resportory issues, her Mom had Breast Cancer and Luekmia in the 1950's. She is 94 and doing fairly well now. My Brother gets Kidney Stones now and then.

I did at one time ask about getting a second opinion and was refererred to a Surgeon, of which I never sought out because for a long time (many Months) I was feeling great. It's only been in the past 3 months that I again have this nagging feeling that something is there near my Belly Button down to my goin on the right side.

The Urologist did say it was possible that the 2 Kidney Stones that are burried, could be causing irratation to the lining of my Kidney. But overall, he doesn't seem to think the Kidney Stones are my problem.

The fact that this feeling seems to come and go is puzzling. There is no Consistancy.. and yet I have had it for just over 4 years now.

Clearly something is is going on.

|