Question: reg nausia

jigyasa65 - Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:58 am

Dear Doctor
I have been physically examined by a surgeon who has diagnosed anal fissure. Now with proper madication as prescribed by him, It is now healing well and I am feeling comfortable.
My problem is whenever I drink cold or slightly cold water, I feel nausea for few minutes. Even in winter, I used to drink slightly warm water because of this problem.So I consulted a gastroenterologist who has advised me to go for UGI endoscopy test for possible GERD. So I underwent UGI endoscopy test, but the reports for the above said test are quite normal. I have been prescribed to take
1) PAN 40 - OD
2) DOMSTAL 10 - TDS
for a period of one month.
I WANT TO KNOW THE EXACT CAUSE OF THIS ABOVE SAID PROBLEM. IS THIS MEDICATION WILL BE BENEFICIAL FOR ME. WHAT ARE THE OTHER PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE ? SHOULD I GO FOR OTHER TESTS ? PLEASE REPLY .
-THANKS
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:01 am

User avatar Dear Jigyasa65,

If an endoscopy did not find any thing abnormal, i can not tell you what could be wrong.

If your problem can be fixed by avoiding drinking cold water then try to avoid drinking cold water as long as you are able to. If you really want to drink cold water and the sensation of nausea is going to last only for a few minutes, so be it.

About the medications that you mentioned, i am not familiar with them in the united states as they are not fda approved.

|