News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: reg nausia

jigyasa65 - Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:58 am

Dear Doctor
I have been physically examined by a surgeon who has diagnosed anal fissure. Now with proper madication as prescribed by him, It is now healing well and I am feeling comfortable.
My problem is whenever I drink cold or slightly cold water, I feel nausea for few minutes. Even in winter, I used to drink slightly warm water because of this problem.So I consulted a gastroenterologist who has advised me to go for UGI endoscopy test for possible GERD. So I underwent UGI endoscopy test, but the reports for the above said test are quite normal. I have been prescribed to take
1) PAN 40 - OD
2) DOMSTAL 10 - TDS
for a period of one month.
I WANT TO KNOW THE EXACT CAUSE OF THIS ABOVE SAID PROBLEM. IS THIS MEDICATION WILL BE BENEFICIAL FOR ME. WHAT ARE THE OTHER PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE ? SHOULD I GO FOR OTHER TESTS ? PLEASE REPLY .
-THANKS
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:01 am

User avatar Dear Jigyasa65,

If an endoscopy did not find any thing abnormal, i can not tell you what could be wrong.

If your problem can be fixed by avoiding drinking cold water then try to avoid drinking cold water as long as you are able to. If you really want to drink cold water and the sensation of nausea is going to last only for a few minutes, so be it.

About the medications that you mentioned, i am not familiar with them in the united states as they are not fda approved.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here