News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Projectile Vomiting, sulphur belching, diarrhoea

Blackmantis - Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi, I live in Australia, I'm 18, male, never had any major illness in the past.

I believe I might have Giardia, could a doctor or RN please tell me, is it possible to build an immunity against this parasite? I take only one medication called Fluvoximine anti depressants which I doubt is related.

I'm emetophobic (In other words, I REALLY fear vomiting) and I note the key symptom of Giardia for me as the sulphur/egg burps which are often so foul, the taste causes me to vomit, and it also sends me into a traumatised state, as I had a nasty experience with it years ago.

Please tell me there's a cure for Giarida, or at least if the body builds up an immunity, as with bacterial infections.

Thankyou for your time.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 pm

User avatar Hi,

Although your symptoms may suggest giardia, we can't really tell unless you get a stool analysis. That won't happen until you get examined by your doctor.

There's no way to tell until you have confirmed your diagnosis. You will then receive the appropriate antibiotics.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here