News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: My hepatitis B and liver complications

elise888us - Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:52 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B. My HBV DNA level is 500,000,000 IU/ml. My doctor has told me that I should not worry since all my liver enzymes tests came back normal, so I could be a healthy carrier. She has not prescribed any medications for my hepatitis.
I am bit concerned since I have been feeling pain around my upper abdomen and I have not been eating well for this past week. I fear the long term complications for my liver. I am a 27 yo asian female. My family has a history of hepatitis. Please advise. Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:54 pm

User avatar Hello,
Many people do have this type of chronic hepatitis that does not cause them distress. You may need to have your liver enzymes checked periodically but medications do not help this. Try not to stress too much about it. There are many causes for abdominal discomfort. You are likely to be especially alert to the possibility of liver problems, knowing you have hepatitis. When in doubt, if the pain continues, see your doctor.

Take care

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here