News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Sudden sharp abdominal pains

yukiabisu - Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:38 pm

I'm 18
female
I have gerd and ulsers, also asthma and some minor heart problem
I'm taking nexium I got from my friend who is a pharmacist. and an inhaler.
I am sexually active, my partner always uses a condom and he never finishes during sex.

about three weeks ago this monday I started having these random pains. they occur where it seems my intestines would be. the pain feels like an ulcer pain with out the burn and sting. its sharp and roughly lasts for 30 seconds. then I feel like I am going to throw up for a few minuets. and some times but rarely but still some times I am light headed.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:13 pm

User avatar Hi Yukiabisu,

There are a few possibilities. This may be due to a stomach virus. It may also be do to gallstones or inflammation of the gallbladder. This pain is typically made worse by eating.

Ulcers could do this. They may be made worse or better with eating depending where the ulcer is located.

If your pain continues I'd recommend you see your doctor for a full examination.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here