News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: (Stomach Acid) / (Anxiety) Please Help

Servtex - Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:19 pm

This will get lengthy but i want to make sure i cover everything so i can get help.

Age: 0 - 15 I had 0 stomach problems i was social and athletic. I never liked public speaking or being around a HUGE number of people.

I was kinda forced to goto my senior prom. An hour before prom time i started coughing and fealing sick to my stomach. I made it through prom without getting sick but did get a little dizzy at times.

Every since that day i have felt sick every single mourning and if i HAVE to do somethng.

I wake up every mourning throwing up yellow stomach acid. Right after i wake up i throw it up then about an hour later im perfectly fine.

Throughout the day if something comes up where i have to do something lets say my girlfriend calls me and wants me to go out to dinner with her and her parents i cant because i will start caughing and fealing sick and start gagging.

Mon - Fri i throw up stomach acid

Sat - Sun im fine unless i have to wake up early for something in that case i will throw up stomach acid

I have had this problem for about 5 years now and would really like to figure it out

I have tried a couple medications i don't know the names or remember i gave up on them because of the side effects and i have a job that i cant miss work at all and have to work all day i cant deal with side effects like making me tired or dizzy or sick

If someone could please help i would appriciate it
Thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:19 pm

User avatar Hi Servtex,

It sounds like your body has learned to react to stress by vomiting and getting nauseous. You may want to consider talking with a counselor that can help you retrain your body to react to stressful situations differently. This can be of tremendous help in situations such as this. Your doctor can recommend a psychologist/counselor if you are unfamiliar with any.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here