Question: Drinking water and getting constipated

JH - Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:13 pm

I'm 44 years old, and since the last 25 years, I don't recall drinking a glass of water without feeling slightly dizzy and slightly losing my coordination right afterwards.

I drink orange juice in the morning at breakfast, and I'll drink Coke with my meals and breaks throughout the day. No problem there. I feel great.

I feel great until I drink water. If I eat a fruit, I'll feel as if I drank a few sips of water, and I'll have the same symptoms as drinking water. In other words, I'll feel slightly dizzy for a few hours, and I'll end up constipated. So, I never drink water because of that.

When I completely avoid water, and fruits, I'm very consistent and I'm never constipated and I feel great and strong.

I usually drink a full glass of pure orange juice in the morning, and about 3 glasses of coke throughout the day. That's it. I never feel thirsty.

My urine is normal color in the morning and clear during the day, and I never ever feel dehydrated.

When I drink any kind of water, I feel lousy and slightly dizzy, and slightly uncoordinated, and I get CONSTIPATED. I don't digest well after drinking water or having a watery fruit. I feel as if I drank way too much, when I drink only a few sips of water.

I don't know other like me. My problems begin when I drink water.

I have a family doctor since 2 years. I didn't talk about this to him. He made me pass a blood test and urine test, and all is fine exept my red blood cells are way too high. I'm hyper. I do eat ALOT or red meat. Just about every day. My blood pressure is about 145/80 at the doctors and 125/80 when I'm relaxed at home.

I was also wondering if not drinking water could influence my blood pressure? Does drinking more lower the blood pressure or make it higher? Thanks

By the way I'm 5'8" 1M73 and I weigh 138 lbs or 63 KG

Thanks.
 mtnmama0404 - Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:25 pm

Just wondering if anyone ever replied to this post. I, too, recently (in the past month) started having feelings of dizziness after drinking water. I used to drink two 32 oz bottles of filtered water in a day. I am a breasfeeding mom, so sometimes I would drink almost 3 of the 32 oz bottles over the course of a full day. Then, one day last month I noticed the dizziness after drinking water. I thought it was from drinking too much water...so backed off a bit but it is almost anytime I drink water. Tea, coffee, gatorade, sodas are ok, just not water. On the whole I really just don't feel thirsty much. Troublesome since fluid intake affects milk production. I thought perhaps this was a natural step the body takes to wean (my little one is 1 year old)???

|