- Went to family doctor in with symptom of bright red blood on tissue.
- Had Upper GI series done
- Diagnosed with duodenal ulcer (even though there were no other visible symptoms)
- Underwent HP-PAC treatment
- Blood on tissue intermittantly after, did not think much of it
- Came down with sinus infection
- Went to walk-in clinic, prescribed a week long dosage of antibiotics
- During treatment, began having waking morning bowel urgency and loose stool. (this morning urgency has occurred daily without relief for 3 years)
- Blood on tissue became more frequent
- Saw doctor who performed digital exam and then referred to GI specialist to investigate the rectal bleeding.
- Before appointment with GI specialist, saw family doctor who decided to do another upper GI series. Also had liver function test, CBC
, abdominal x-ray as well as Gastrin test. All came back normal.
- Found Gastric ulcer
through Upper GI test, and put on HP-Pac again
- During treatment, had severe episode of diarrhea
, lasting 2 days, could not keep any food down.
- Went to emergency room, given fecal collection kit to test for parasites.
- April 2005, had unexplained weight loss of at least 15 lbs.
- GI specialist in May 2005, underwent sigmoidoscopy, looked normal. Doctor suggested bleeding likely due to fissure. Did not address other gastro. concerns. Seemed dismissive
- Went back to family doctor who decided to order Lower GI series; result: colon was imaged well, and looked normal.
- Doctor began to suspect anxiety
as probably cause.
- Had a week long episode of stomach flu like symptoms, starting with slight fever
, chills, and then week of diarrhea
. Unable to eat much of anything.
- Mid April, during exams, started feeling off-balance when standing, slight lightheadedness. Has been constant with no pattern since then. Doctor ordered CBC
, came back normal.
- During summer, had another episode of unexplained weight loss of more than 15lbs. Doctor ordered thyroid function test
which came back normal. Again, attributed symptoms to likely anxiety
- Continued daily episodes of morning bowel urgency, usually loose stools. Occasionally, there is first a semi-normal stool, followed minutes later by much looser/watery stools. Less frequently, there is visible large amounts of mucus. As well, colour and form of stool at times abnormal; sometimes very light, sometimes contains parts that are almost black. As well, appearance of undigested food present sometimes. Blood on toilet paper as well as streaked on stool frequent.
- Through out rest of day, there is instances of mild discomfort in abdomen, and under right ribcage.
- Constant feeling of off-balance when standing, sometimes severe, sometimes slight.
- Frequent episodes of sore radiating foot pain
at night in bed, about 3-4 nights a week.
- Still unsure of reasons for episodes of unexplained weight loss.
- Also recently, been having episodes of urges to burp after eating, with slight pain
in upper right chest area when doing so, indigestion?