Question: diarrhea for 12 weeks

Brisa - Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:21 pm

I have diarrhea that is watery and there are a lot of undigested food particles. I have gas that doesn't really smell and my abdomen is pretty loud gurgling from the gas. I had diarrhea for 5 weeks almost straight before giving birth. It went away for maybe 2 weeks with a few days of diarrhea. Before giving birth they took a stool sample that came up negative. I have tried a few homeopathic remedies none have worked. I also tried grapefruit seed extract. My husband also has loose stools but not as severe. I am 21 year old female. The diarrhea has been persistent for a total of 12 weeks on and off, mostly on. I also checked our well for nitrates. And I am aware of most of my food allergies. I don't know where to go from here. I woke up twice during the night to run to the bathroom and again this morning. I am taking vitamins, minerals and fish oil, no other medications.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:08 pm

User avatar I would recommend that you have an evaluation with a gastroenterologist. You should be able to get answers and hopefully find something that will help. I can't guess what is actually causing the distress but it is not typical.

Moka4 - Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi, I am a 16 year old female who hasnt been diagnosed with anything and have never had surgery. I seem to ahve some kind of bowel disorder it has been goign on now for a little over a year and hasnt seem to improve. Somedays ill go to school then come home and have to go to the washroom it will be perfectly normal long and brown, but then 2 hours sometimes even an hour after I will have to go again and it wont be as good. I had this problem today and i went when i got home so around 4 and it was perfectly fine then about 2 hours later i felt i had to go i went and sat ont he toilet and it felt like i had a poop coming out but then when iw as done no poop came out only some white mucas. A little while afetr i felt i ahd to go again and i had a poo come out and then i was alright. Along with that poo i had mucas again. I never feel sick or anything until after i go and its bad then i don't feel the greatest but that is usually just my nerves. I think i have IBS ive been researching it on the internet and thats the only explaination of why I've been haveing these difficulties. If anyone has any information any at all please tell me.
 troyzlisa - Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:18 pm

my husband had the same symptoms with chronic diahrea and soemtimes he cramps so bad he vomits for hours .Turned out he has crohns disease.you mioght want to get checked for thAT

|