News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Daily Vomitting

djfelip - Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:06 am

Hello I am very concerned about my health, for the past 3 months I would guess almost everyday when i wake up i am extremelly nauseated, and about half the time I vomit. When I vomit it never has anything in it, just a yellow bile. I am also having trouble eating food, my stomach is now very sensitive it never was before. I do not get pain in the stomach i just usually feel nauseated until around noon, but that time is slowly lasting longer and longer making me not want to eat at all. Bowel movements are normal. I otherwise feel fine, I ocassionally drink.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:31 am

User avatar Hello,
There are so many causes for nausea and vomiting. One of them happens to be psychological stress. Do you feel that might be the problem? Take a look at our vomiting/nausea.htm" class="postlink">nausea page for more info.

Best regards,
 djfelip - Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:56 am

That is actually what I was thinking myself. I actually have a very stressful life, constantly over whelmed with my marketing company and I am also a poker player (semi pro live in las vegas) so I do have alot of stressors. Whats the best way to go about solving the situation because i really don't see my stress level going down.

There is also a history of high blood pressure in my family on both sides, my mother and father both do not have high blood pressure but it seems all other family members do. I have never been diagnosed with it.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:14 pm

User avatar Hello,
Psychologenic vomiting is only one of the possibities actually its a diagnosis of exclusion. The fact that you do indeed have a stressful life does make that possibility more probable. What I am trying to say is that we have to be careful before coming to that conclusion because of the many potentially dangerous causes for nausea and vomiting. Please review the article above.

That said, and assuming it is your stressful life, then you must learn to adapt. Some people benefit by knowing that its because of stress. That seems to make it seem less important and it just goes away. Some realize the magnitude of stress and its effects and start 'getting their act together'. For some it is not so easy and probably relates to the amount of stress they are dealing with in addition to personal variability. In such a case you may need to visit a psychiatrist and take anti-anxiety therapy.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here