News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: 3 year old with frequent bowel movements

kimmad - Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:47 pm

I have a 3 year old son who in the last few weeks has begun having up to 5 bowel movements a day. They are not watery, but completely foul smelling. Although occasionally they are pretty loose. It is generally happening shortly after he eats.

He has recently been tested for various problems due to behavior issues, and wonder if this might be related. His tonsils & adenoids were removed in March, he is on Allergy meds, and currently being evaluated for ADHD. He refuses to potty train, so I am changing diapers with this.

I have tried to figure out if this is all related. Any thoughts.

For additional background, I have had problems with my digestive system all my life - starting with reflux, then dx with "nervous stomach", and finally IBS. I know these things can be inherited.

He also had reflux as a baby.

Any help would be appreciated.
 kimmad - Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:56 pm

Over the last couple of weeks, a few times he has said he doesn't feel good, and when I ask where it hurts he points to his chest/upper abdomen area.

I've been thinking maybe celiac? He has lost some weight, but his older brother really thinned out at this age too.
 kimmad - Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:13 am

This is still happening to my son and wonder if any of the doctors have any insight. I have been trying to track if it happens more often after having wheat products, and will be keeping a log of this to bring to the doctor. But, I'd like an opinion. Please?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here