Question: intestinal problem

frustrated - Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:20 am

I'm an 18 year old female, i have had pelvic and lower abdominal pain for a few weeks now have thrown up once and been nauseated, i went to a doctor today and when an exam of my body was done he felt part of my intestine which he said is unusual since the intestine is ussually very soft it felt like a mini sausage when he pushed down... im really confused about what i have, the lower abdominal pain does not go away, i have made bowel movements but they are still strange one day they are soft the other day they are really hard and little.... please help...
 frustrated - Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:13 am

I went to a gyno also today and he told me i had excessive gas in my stomach and gave me something to pass my stools ( laxative)... im a little worried about taking the laxitive though because i have had diareah once and am going almost every day to the bathroom even though it is hard im a little fearfull about bowel obstruction... thanks for ur time...
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:00 pm

User avatar Hello Frustrated,
Do you pass gas or have you not passed gas since some time. There should be no problems taking the laxative, it may help. However, you may need a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis to rule out any disease. Sometimes in cases of spastic colon, the colon is felt a thin cord on one side or another. Your examining doctor is in the best position to determine the need for further investigation.

Best regard,

|