News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: intestinal problem

frustrated - Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:20 am

I'm an 18 year old female, i have had pelvic and lower abdominal pain for a few weeks now have thrown up once and been nauseated, i went to a doctor today and when an exam of my body was done he felt part of my intestine which he said is unusual since the intestine is ussually very soft it felt like a mini sausage when he pushed down... im really confused about what i have, the lower abdominal pain does not go away, i have made bowel movements but they are still strange one day they are soft the other day they are really hard and little.... please help...
 frustrated - Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:13 am

I went to a gyno also today and he told me i had excessive gas in my stomach and gave me something to pass my stools ( laxative)... im a little worried about taking the laxitive though because i have had diareah once and am going almost every day to the bathroom even though it is hard im a little fearfull about bowel obstruction... thanks for ur time...
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:00 pm

User avatar Hello Frustrated,
Do you pass gas or have you not passed gas since some time. There should be no problems taking the laxative, it may help. However, you may need a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis to rule out any disease. Sometimes in cases of spastic colon, the colon is felt a thin cord on one side or another. Your examining doctor is in the best position to determine the need for further investigation.

Best regard,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here