News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Diarreah

Moka4 - Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:53 pm

I am a 16 year old female. I havent been diagnosed with anything but ive been having bowel problems for about a year now. Just recently i had a bowel movement that was bad. It came out fast anbd wasnt held together. It was still browna nd i never once felt sick or anything. I went earlier in the day and it was perfectly fine. Im not sure if it was something I ate or another possible problem please try and help me find otu what it is
 brisk9007 - Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:54 am

Hello moka4, i am not a doctor but i do have some information on your problem that could be of some help.

My first thought after reading your post is it could be stress/anxiety related. I experienced it alot in high school with the same symptoms. I was diagnosed with gastritis as well.(not serious unless left untreated, in most cases) i was prescribed some meds that i cant remember the name of, but it helped alot.

Also, do u get frequent heartburn or stomach indigestion? It could be a sign of acid reflux ( GERD ).

As I said, i am not a doctor and cant really directly point out anything. I will suggest a quick trip to your doctor and chat with him about your symptoms, i'm betting it probably isn't anything serious and the doc will know how to proceed.

Best of luck.

ps: i was given Lexapro for my anxiety, and was eventually taken off it after a couple months. It helped alot.
 Moka4 - Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:58 pm

I'm 16 years old and a female. I am currently haveing problems with bowel movements. It's been goign on for 2 days now yesturday i went twice first time it was normal the second time it was bad. Then today i went and it seemed normal and then i went a few other times and it was only pieces. Both days it was brown and i never felt sick or anything. Could i have some kind of bowel condition or something else

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here