Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: wHAT IS FROZEN ABDOMEN

chochies - Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:50 pm

My husband had a liver transplant on May 2007 and two weeks later developed a clot, on Oct 17 2007 they tried to do another liver transplant only they could not because he was bleeding too much and the doctor said that it was like trying to cut through a brick wall. He was in the hospital for seven weeks and I just brout him home my question is what will happen now? He seems to get worse each week. He has a wound vac and a drain in the liver that collects bile. The bile is now leaking through theincision and the doctor said that if they try to change the drain the incision that it will only get bigger because he is not healing properly. The doctors tell me that they are doing the best they can but he looks so bad. Can adheasions heal? My husband is 50 years old male liver failure diabetic,
hep c due to drug and alcohol. Thank You
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:57 pm

User avatar Hi Chochies,

This is a really difficult situation. Adhesions can heal. Certainly do not give up hope. I suspect that this will be a fight for both you and your husband but it one worth taking.

My best advise is to keep very close contact with your doctors. It may also be helpful to have home health coming regularly to ensure that there is very good wound care.

Also, you'll want to watch for any signs of infection at the wound site like expanding redness or pus forming.

Best wishes. I hope this gets better soon for you and husband.

|