Question: Stomach spasms, chest pain, and reccurent abdominal problems

westymnm - Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:39 pm

I am a 21 year old male. Recently I have had some abdominal problems. This started at the beginning of last summer with some pretty severe constipation which was ultimately remedied by eating more fiber and drinking a lot more water. However about 2 weeks ago i've had a lot of spasms on the lower left side of my abdomen as well as spasms right below my sternum. Then i noticed that I also started getting occasional pain in the upper right part of my chest. These pains are somewhat infrequent, about once every 5 minutes. I've also noticed that when i push on the same area where the spasms are (on the lower left side) the chest pain comes on in the exact same spot where it was coming on previously.

I would appreciate any help on this I can get.

Thank you very much,

Chris
 westymnm - Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:41 pm

I should also add that more recently I cannot sleep on my stomach or sides anymore due to pains in my ribs. Also I can not really lay completely horizontal anymore due to the fact that i feel a slight pressure on my right lung and it makes it difficult to breathe.

Thanks again,

Chris
 CollegeKid - Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:33 pm

Your symptoms seem to be very similar to mine. I'm 20, I have abdominal pain, generalized to the left side mostly, but sometimes on the right side. They don't have any rhyme or reason. Just random stabbing pains in my side, and sometimes up into my ribcage. A few weeks ago, I had a bout of fairly painful and scary chest pain as well. I went to a specialist and he said that Costochondritis is a good possibility. I suggest you research it, it will probably ease your mind quite a bit.

I've had these pains for over a month now, and I only hope that it's actually just Costochondritis, and not something more serious.

|