Question: Cystis colli lateralis - breathlessness, tachycardia, nausea

J22CZ - Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:48 pm

Hello, i am 22 years old woman from Czech Republic (Europe Union) without any problems till this year. Since March 2007 I have breathlessness sometimes. It was independently of physical exercise. In August 2007 I found a small tubercle in my throat. It was diagnosed like Cystis colli lateralis and it was excised without complications in 14th of December 2007.
During the October 2007 I had a breathlessness more frequently than before with tachycardia and Nausea, ardour on my thorax and on my legs. Since that time I have got this problems very often, with stomachalgia (mainly after eating + loss of appetite) and inclination to deep breathe (Inspiration) and thoraxalgia (behind the Sternum). This pain wake me during the night sometimes. It is geting wronger during the afternoon and evening. This problem continue also after the surgery in 14th of December 2007. During last two mounth I losed my weight for 7 kilograms.

I was investigationed:
Pulmonary function test
• RTG of lungz
• Sonography of abdomen
Echocardiography
• Holter for EKG
• CT of brain
• Sonography of deep venosus systhem
• Lungz scintigraphy
• Blood and imunology investigation
• Urine investigation.

But these investigations did not find any problems with my body, but I am still feelin bad.
If somebady knows something about this problem or about other investigation, which can help me, please, answer my letter.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:51 pm

User avatar Hi J22CZ,

I'm not certain what is causing your problems but I do have some thoughts. I would recommend you see a pulmonologist (lung specialist) and discuss having a bronchoscopy. This is where a small rope-like camera is inserted into the lungs through the throat to directly look at the lining of the lungs. Biopsies can then be taken at the same time. The biopsies and direct look can evaluate for any signs of inflammation of the lining of the lungs that may not have been obvious during your other studies.

Often, this direct look can reveal a significant amount of information and lead to a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Best wishes. I hope you are able to find some answers soon.

|