Question: Severe abdominal pain

kharaa - Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:08 am

* Age: 21
* Sex: Male
* Past diagnoses: Irritible Bowel Syndrom, Depression, Panic Disorder and Tinnitus
* Past surgeries: Tonsols removed, Wisdom Teeth removed, and i've had a Upper GI
* Family history: Cancer, Diabetes
* Current medications: Xanax, and Nexium

I woke up in the middle of last night, feeling sort of sick(about 2 or 3 AM) feeling a bit queasy, but later on the pain kept getting worse, and by about noon I was in agony, on the scale of 1 - 10 it could of been described as a 7.

It got worse when lieing down, and it was acompanied by heartburn, a weird gurgling vibration in my stomach area, more towards the right side. even drinking water seemed to make me sicker, much less food. the pain is also radiating to my back.

the pain was nearly maddening.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:22 pm

I hope you are feeling better. It would be impossible for us to assess the causes of your abdominal pain without a proper clinical examination.

Right upper quadrant abdominal pain as you describe it can be due to many causes including gall bladder disease (related to fatty foods and colicky in nature). Colonic pain from irritable bowel syndrome is a possibility. Dyspepsia is a very likely cause if the pain is related to food, water intake.

You will need a proper assessment. If indeed this is dyspepsia you may need to receive urgent therapy.

|