News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: Hepatitis C prognosis

lee lee - Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:01 pm

i have lots of concerns about my mom and cant ever get any answers! she has had hep c for about 10 years now and used to drink and do drugs all the time she recently quit a year ago just recently she went in to renal failure and was in the icu for 2 wks and then was put in a nursing home about a week ago and she has lots of mental confusion now sometimes don't even know who i am. she is also very yellow! the question all of us kids have is how long does someone in her condition usually live?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:17 pm

User avatar It certainly sounds like things are going downhill for your mom. I'm sorry but there is no way to predict her expected outcome. People vary greatly and their own will and stamina come into play as well as the disease process, which varies from one patient to another. I would suggest you talk to the doctors caring for her because they would have a better idea of how her systems are working at this time.

Best to you and your family at this difficult time.
 lee lee - Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:04 pm

thanks for the response i just wish i could know when its gonna happen but i know thats not possible. watching her suffer just isnt any fun i watched my dad suffer for years and never knew when he was gonna go either i guess thats just how it goes but i thank you for your opinion.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here