Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: Hepatitis C prognosis

lee lee - Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:01 pm

i have lots of concerns about my mom and cant ever get any answers! she has had hep c for about 10 years now and used to drink and do drugs all the time she recently quit a year ago just recently she went in to renal failure and was in the icu for 2 wks and then was put in a nursing home about a week ago and she has lots of mental confusion now sometimes don't even know who i am. she is also very yellow! the question all of us kids have is how long does someone in her condition usually live?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:17 pm

User avatar It certainly sounds like things are going downhill for your mom. I'm sorry but there is no way to predict her expected outcome. People vary greatly and their own will and stamina come into play as well as the disease process, which varies from one patient to another. I would suggest you talk to the doctors caring for her because they would have a better idea of how her systems are working at this time.

Best to you and your family at this difficult time.
 lee lee - Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:04 pm

thanks for the response i just wish i could know when its gonna happen but i know thats not possible. watching her suffer just isnt any fun i watched my dad suffer for years and never knew when he was gonna go either i guess thats just how it goes but i thank you for your opinion.

|