News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: abdominal pain, headaches, diarrhea, nausus

jonjon8 - Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:33 pm

Hello,I am a 18 year old female and i have no clue what is wrong with me. For years i have had diarreah episodes with abdominal pain. I would get nausus and sweat yet be cold at the same time. Recently, it has gotton worse. For the past few weeks, i have diarrah up to 3 times a day. I have constant abdominal pain and gas. I cannot help the gas either, it does not go away for hours. I have headaches also that get so bad i want to throw up. my periods are regular, but i have horrible cramps when it comes. I get the cramps about a week before my period comes and they don't leave for days after, sometimes even a week. I have had an ultrasound just a couple months ago and missed 3 days of school. Everything was clear. I really am sick of this pain and discomfort. If you can help me in any way, i would really appreciate it greatly.
thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
The thing that comes to mind for me is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or spastic colon. Ask your doctor about this condition. It can be disabling but does not lead to serious diseases such as cancer.

Stress is often associated with this and some foods such as chocolate, some grains, milk products, caffeine, large meals, alcohol, some medications. So a place to start would be to eliminate these frequent offenders. If this is the problem, there are medications, dietary changes, counseling and support that can help, so please stay with your doctor as you work to find answers.

Best wishes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here