Question: 20 lb weight gain in 3 mmnths

alias - Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:08 am

I lost about 15 lbs this summer and all of a sudden no mater how much I cut my food intake or exercised I kept gaining weight untill I eventually stopped at 20lbs heavier than I was previously .... I've had thyroid tests and a pelvic and abdominal ct because I was having abdominal pain but everything came back negitive. I was referred to a GI... my question is is it possible for a 19 year old female's body to just decide it wants to be a a different constant weight?? I was sitting at 170 before I lost weight ang got down to 160... now i'm 180 and can't stand it but nothing I do works and it's depressing. I was diagnosed with mild PSOC but it has never really been a problem. I eat right and exercise .. i just don't know what else to do. helph
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:55 am

I understand your frustration. The one comment brings up a red flag. PCOS is associated with weight gain. I would suggest you talk to a doctor about treating this to see if it helps with your weight. Don't give up on the healthy eating and exercising because no medication will be a magic bullet but if hormones are causing this, you may get some help with the battle of the bulge.

alias - Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:40 am

I talked to him and he just encouraged me to keep up with the birth control pills i've been taking on and off. He says that is the only treatment. Is that true?
 kmbrsue - Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:03 am

I am a healthy 44 y.o.female, suddenly started gaining weight for no apparent reason also experiencing numbness in my feet, any idea what it could be?
 kmbrsue - Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:05 am

Sudden weight gain accompanied by weakness in my legs and numbness in my feet

|