News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: I had hepatitis will I be able to drink alcohol ?

Tauseef - Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:00 am

Hi Doc,

I am a 19 years old guy contacted hepaptitis E 6 months ago. I recovered fully as confirmed by blood tests and ultrasonogram test. I stopped drinking since I contacted the dieseas. My question is now that will I be able to resume drinking. I am also a smoker and sometimes I have very mild discomfort in my abdomen(right side) which lasts only about 3 or 4 mins.

Thank you
Tauseef Ahmed
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:46 pm

User avatar If I had suffered an insult to my liver, such as any form of hepatitis I would not risk drinking. If your health is important to you I would eliminate alcohol (or greatly limit consumption), stop smoking, and avoid unnecessary drug use (legal or illegal). Your liver is critical. I recommend doing everything you can to preserve your health in this area.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here