News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: Symptoms

mohinimagic - Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:26 pm

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let you know something,
If you are alchoholic and had previous digestion troubles, or can see that your belly is a little more swollen in terms of other parts of your body, please go for an immediate check up.

It is not necessary that you will have vomitting, portal vein pain or jaundice in the initial stage of Hep C or Cirrhosis or Hepatoma(liver cancer).

My Dad passed away just after 5 days of diagnosis, and he never had any symptom ...other than a little swollen belly-and I never ever would like to happen it to anyone else!
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:26 pm

User avatar Thank you Sonia, for sharing that warning. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father. I lost mine also and I know how difficult this time can be.
With Warm regards,
Carolyn
 anit - Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:05 am

I was just wondering what your father had.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here