Question: Pain in back, flares up and very weak feeling

Steveo - Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:11 pm

I am 46, and have had a pain in my back about midway down for a couple of months now....when it flares up usually after some activity...it is a dull ache all the time and when it feels inflamed I get an extremely weak feeling in my left side of my body like I am having a sugar low or havent eaten all day...I get very weak......I have had Ultra sounds, CT scan, Upper GI , Chest xrays...and numerous blood and urin tests...all showed I am very healthy...when it flares up I have to sit for hours and finaly I feel a draining feeling in my back then I start to feel a little better although pain is usually always present.....I am in the waiting line to see a specialist but that is almost two months away....any ideas?......dosent get any worse after eating, but I do have mild constipation..recently my ears have been plugged and wont drain.....my family doctor is stumped.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:26 pm

User avatar Hello Steveo,

It sounds as if you may have some compression on your spine or spinal nerves. You may need some imaging studies (such as an MRI) of your spine to look for this or any areas of inflammation.

Follow up with your doctor is important.

Steveo - Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks for your reply.........I suspect my colon is the trouble spot.....I have pain in my back from it and sometimes other symptons of IBS.....can the Colon?IBS have the effect of making you feel weak, should activity make the symptons worse?...when it flares up I get the weak feeling, when it calms down the weak feeling goes away...my doctor had me go for a Nuclear bone scan, to just to rule out other things...Barrium Enima on March 14th.......if that shows clear, do I need Further colon exams?...thanks sooo Much

|